Who loves tacos, but also loves cutting back on carbs? If you raised your hand, then this Taco Salad is for you!
This is one of the super easy recipes that you can find in my new book, Fresh Lunch Salads (see where to buy below) . In the book, you will see my Taco Chef Salad all together and ready to eat, but today I thought I’d show you how I normally pack it up in a lunch box.
What’s in My Lunch Box?
- Ground beef cooked with taco seasoning ( great way to use up leftovers from last night’s taco dinner). If you like to eat yours hot at lunch time, pack the meat in a separate microwave safe container, heat it up, and then put it in your salad. This one was for my son, who likes his taco salad cool/room temperature, so I packed it in my Lunchbots Trio ( shown below)
- Salad greens – and here’s how to prepare a bowl of salad greens that will stay fresh throughout the week
- diced tomatoes
- diced avocado
- canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salad dressing, which is French dressing mixed with a few drops of hot sauce
- Beanitos nacho cheese flavor chips We got these in our Degustabox this month, and we LOVE them! They are low in carbs ( only 16 g per oz.), high in fiber ( 5 g per oz.) and also contain a decent helping of protein and iron! I crushed some of these up to top our taco salads – so good, and so healthy, too!
Tips & Tricks
- If you like to eat your ground beef hot at lunch time, pack the meat in a separate microwave safe container, heat it up, and then put it in your salad. This one was for my son, who likes his taco salad cool/room temperature, so I packed it in my Lunchbots Trio ( shown below).
- I sprayed the avocado with a combo of Fruit Fresh powder, lemon juice, and water so it won’t brown. I keep this in a spray bottle in my fridge to spray on apple slices and avocados for lunch packing.
Here’s a photo from my Fresh Lunch Salads book, showing how it looks all piled together and ready to eat ( I did add a little bit of sour cream) :
Products I Used:
Here’s where you can buy Fresh Lunch Salads – just click on the button to see more/buy:
More about Degustabox:
Degustabox is a super fun, subscription service where you get a big surprise box of food delivered to your doorstep every month! Our whole family loves it. When the new box arrives, everyone can’t wait to see what’s inside and sample the wares – the products are generally healthy, high quality food that definitely win my stamp of approval! If you want to learn more or subscribe, please use my affiliate link below:
Want to see what came in our Degustabox for November?