I have a quick and delicious recipe for you today. I decided to take boring, old egg salad and jazz it up a little bit. If you like to look at food on Pinterest like I do, you have probably seen some recipes for egg salad with avocado, which has always sounded completely delicious to me!
I decided to take it one step better and include bacon, because nearly everything is better with bacon! Just look at Pinterest for example – most good things are made better if bacon is included. Either that, or salted caramel, but I just couldn’t see egg salad and salted caramel mixing well together… yuck.
This recipe is super simple, especially if you have boiled eggs already prepared in your fridge, like I usually do ( see my Weekly Food Prep post). Mix chopped egg, crunchy celery, creamy avocado, and tart dill pickle with yogurt, mayo, mustard, spices, and lemon juice. Wrap it all in a big lettuce leaf, with a finishing touch of crumbled bacon and a dash of dill. It makes a fantastic lunch on a hot summer day!Print
Avocado Egg Salad with Bacon
Flavor up basic egg salad with avocado and turkey bacon, and keep the calories low by using egg whites and serving in a lettuce wrap. This recipe is perfect for a light lunch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 3 boiled egg whites
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pieces or 2 chopped and cooked turkey bacon
- 2 leaves large leafy lettuce ( optional)
- Chop the egg whites and celery as desired, and put in a medium sized bowl.
- Peel, pit, and dice the avocado. Add it to the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, pickle, yogurt, mayo, mustard, seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Finish by sprinkling with dill and chopped bacon.
- Serve in 2 lettuce leaves, if desired.
Do you need some new ideas for healthy meals? Come visit my Facebook page where I share Beneficial Bento’s best recipes, tips, and other fun food stuff.